If you’re like me, then the holidays are the only time you have to dig out the neurons covered in dust that have been on sabbatical while you:
– Herd cats
– Deal with other mammals in your life
– Follow your own grandiose visions
So, I am using this post to share some of my favorite “get your act together” tools I use for “dealing” on a daily basis. Keep in mind, I am a busy, quasi-stressed out mom, entrepreneur, and colossal nerd.
THINGS I USE TO DEAL ON A DAILY BASIS
- www.Mint.com – A free finance tool
- www.Doodle.com – Easy group scheduling tool (see “cat herding” above)
- www.GoogleDocs.com – I use an excel sheet in Google Docs to manage my team, some of whom are virtual. Love it.
- www.PollDaddy.com – Polls are a great. I really like them. The fact that they are free makes them even better. You can use Google Forms as well.
- www.EventBrite.com – This was introduced to me by the guys at iStrategyLabs. Use it for your real life events or virtual seminars. You will see why.
- 1888PressRelease.com – Good stuff. I always like things that give you reach you don’t deserve because you have no money. But, we can’t let that stop us!
- www.TwitterAnalyzer.com – Gives me good stats I can share with the guys in my department and let them know I’m not TOTALLY wasting time.
- www.SlimTimer.com – It’s like you’re back in high school with your mom telling you to get your homework done. Love it.
- Six O’Clock Scramble – Healthy meals in 30 minutes. I’m sure I would use this if I cooked. Okay, also, this is not business. But, you gotta cook, right? And if you spend 30 less minutes on cooking, then that’s 30 more minutes for your business.
- www.FitDay.com – While we’re on the health topic, my favorite free health tool. Most entrepreneurs I know in EO (Entrepreneurs Oranization where you’re under 40 and have sales of $1 million or more) have some major hobby, including working out, etc.
What tools are you thankful for (more like the above, and less like – uh – a jack hammer). Or, as my aunt and dad and other erudite folks might correct me, “For what tools are you thankful?”
THINGS THAT ARE HIGHLY ANNOYING.
I have just read this blog, and am feeling quite snarky now. I am less thankful for the following:
- Trump Network on Twitter– How did Trump let this happen to his name?
- The “make cash at home” people
- The “make money on Google” people
- The “you can earn money on Twitter” people
- When I am looking for a document on my computer and click through like six windows, and then do that every time I need to find a document, several times a day, for years.
IF YOU DON’T LAUGH, YOU’LL CRY
It is important to laugh, because if you don’t laugh you’ll cry. Here are some of my favorite sites right now. These are only for people with sick senses of humor. If you are “normal,” don’t bother.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and don’t forget to nominate the dynamic women in your life (over 18) as a role model for the Hot Mommas Project 2010 case competition. We make everyday women’s stories teachable to help the next generation. Email us with your nomination including name, contact, and reason for nomination.
My Interview on Washington Business Tonight on “Hibernating for Business” (Windows Media Player Needed)